September ushers in the hues of fall, which features a rustic combination of bronzes, reds, and burnt oranges. This is the perfect time to bring out those deep dark shades of lipstick, eyeshadow, and polishes. To help you make the transition from summer to autumn, we’ve compiled the top five makeup essentials for fall.
Top 5 Makeup Essentials for the Fall Season
- Bronzer – Sunlight is rare in the fall, so the tan you got this summer is probably already fading. Applying a bronzer ensures that you keep your tanned look in the cool months. Instead of contouring, apply the bronzer with a big powder brush in a 3-shaped motion. Move from below the cheekbones up to your temples and hairline, and from your cheekbones down to the jawline for an even bronzed look.
- Powder – Always keep a finely milled powder in your bag as the weather cools down. The chilly wind tends to leave red patches and flaky skin on your face because of the lack of moisture.
- Moisturizer – Speaking of moisture, the drop in temperature always causes an adverse reaction on your face. It is very important to keep your skin hydrated when it’s freezing outside and the central heating is cranked up. A day/night cream or super hydrating moisturizer will help mitigate the effects of fall weather sucking the moisture out of your skin.
- Lip Gloss- Your lips are the first to show signs of dry and dull skin during cold weather. This is why a lip gloss is essential not just during fall but every season. Lip gloss not only hydrates your lips but adds tint and sun protection too.
- Concealer- If the cold wind has left you with redness in small areas, apply a color-correcting concealer to those spots. Creamy concealers are best around the eyes for hiding dark circles and priming the lids for applying eyeshadow. Proper application of concealer can give your face a blemish-free look. Choose a non-greasy concealer, spread it with your finger, and blend the edges with your foundation using feather-soft touch strokes.
Additional makeup tips for the fall
- Blush. Choose a warm and rosy shade of blush and pair it with nudes, pinks, reds, browns, and berry lips.
- Eyeliner. Add a dramatic look this fall with a soft black eyeliner. Start by rimming the entire waterline of your eye and smudge the liner into a smoky eye.
- Eyelashes. Dramatic eyelashes are always trendy in the fall as they elevate your look instantly. Apply mascara on your lashes to keep them curled.
- Eyeshadow. It is best to use eyeshadow that is a few shades darker than your natural skin tone. If you have fair skin, try lighter shades of pink. If you have dark skin, try shades of light brown or taupe gray.
- Lips. Dark or berry colored lips give your face immediate character during autumn. Pair your dramatic lipstick with light makeup to add contrast.
- Hair color. Make a statement this fall with brighter strands. Hair color during autumn can be pretty extreme with reds and platinum blondes.
- Nail polish. Last but not least – when it comes to dark bold colors, gel polish is an absolute essential because any slight chip will be easily seen. Burgundy and black are popular fall colors.
At Reviews and Trust, we want you looking great at all times of the year. Read some more make up tips on our blog.